Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Ahead

As I sit here at 5:36, I can look out the window and enjoy the sun! It's taken our family a week to adjust to the time change, but now we are settled and enjoying the extra light each day. Plus, the weather has warmed (slightly) but enough to give just a hint of the spring to come. The many feet of snow we got this winter are now almost melted. And a short work week this week means the beginning of our spring break. We have not yet planned what we will do, but we're considering the possibility of a car trip to the south to enjoy warmer temperatures. We'll see.

Embroidery has been a topic of discussion among the Creative Mom Podcast yahoo group. It seems spring has brought along the urge for needlework, myself included. After buying and looking through Doodle Stitching this winter, I was inspired to make the February ATC: "Wings Resting."

And my cousin's baby shower brought another baby quilt. She is a dog lover, so I made this because the dogs on the fabric are so cute! I made some fabric blocks, one with a rattle inside, to go with the quilt. The pattern was in this month's Quilts and More Spring 2008 issue.

And my dear friend from work turns 30 this month. She's expecting her third baby in June, and she's been joking about her weight gain (because, and I speak from experience, when you gain 10 pounds in a month, you must laugh or otherwise, you'll cry!) So I made her some "sweets" that won't add to her weight. (Although with that I'm including some sweets that will!) The cupcake embroidery is from Sublime Stitching, another book I bought this winter. It has so many wonderful patters that you can stitch up quickly. And my second knitted cupcake turned out so cute, I think.

No comments: