Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy First Day of School

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the kids. I made some patchwork apples for Matthew's teacher and some of my close friends at school. (with a few extra for me)

They were easy to make. I first cut the fabric in random sqaures, rectangles and triangles and then sewed the peices together until I had the size I needed. Then I folded the fabric right sides together and cut out an apple shape.


I sewed down the side and across the bottom and turned it right side out. I gathered the top and then, using a long embroidery needle, thread down through the bottom and then up through the top a time or two to pull the apple in. I used a golf tee for the stem and made a small leaf and tacked it to the top near the stem.

Claire and I made cookies as a thank you to our school secretaries. The first weeks of school are always pure chaos for them and they always manage to stay smiling through it all.


A girl needs her apron.

Pouring in the chocolate chips...



And the greatest reward for helping mom... a lick of cookie dough!

No comments: