Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine Sweetie

A teacher at my school is having a baby girl. She's due in February- the perfect opportunity for a quilt in yummy pinks and chocolate browns. Her shower was last week Thursday but I just couldn't get it done by then- I finished a day late. But I decided to hold onto it through the weekend to get some pictures of it.
Wisconsin winters are so gray- blehk! I can handle the cold- it's the grayness that wears me down. But Saturday was sunny and gorgeous! So I tramped into the back yard with my snow boots and camera. The neighbors probably think I'm screwy hanging quilts on the fence in the dead of winter.
The pattern was Sweet Pea from Camille's Simplify.
Love Love Love this book. Eye candy galore! For more lovelies, go browse through her blog.
I hope mom and baby love this quilt as much as I do- it's hard to part with all those yummy valentine colors- makes me want to eat one of these cupcakes. Deelish!!

No comments: