Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow!?

I wish I could say these pictures are from last weekend- but alas, they're from last June. I was wistfully looking at them as I listened to our weather forecast- a possible 4-6 inches of snow. This must be Mother Nature's April Fools joke!

The good news is we head out to Florida next Saturday for 5 days at Disney. So we will be getting a taste of sun and warmth...just what the doctor ordered to get through these last months of spring- because in Wisconsin our spring consists of cold and rain.

I bought this book with a gift card I got to Barnes and Noble. I want all the stitch guides Harmony Guides has published. Because I don't have much time during the school year, and because I am always wearing a scarf at work and at home, I knit alot of scarves. But it can be boring to knit up scarf after scarf in the same rib pattern. This book is perfect to get ideas for stitch patterns so I'm not getting bored.

I started this scarf with some Lamb's Pride worsted I bought last fall. Of course the photos don't do the color justice. It's a gorgeous bright spring green.

It's a diagonal pattern that uses a 10 row repeat.
And browsing through my regular blog reads last night, I came across this blog, Attic24, where Lucy shows vivid colors and lovely crochet stitch patterns in hexagons and granny squares with a fresh and modern look- makes me want to refresh my crochet skills and try some of these. What a lovely blog!

No comments: