Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sweets

I have been wanting to make some cakes and cupcakes for a while. I bought this book this fall from Maw-Bell Designs. It has a pattern for a cupcake and a slice of layer cake. Yummy!

The newest issue of Quilts and More also has a slice of layer cake from Cindy Taylor Oates. Love her stuff! She also has this pattern for a cupcake. I bought this last fall as well.

Love, love, love her stuff- check out her blog at http://www.taylormadedesigns.typepad.com/

I made some cookies for Claire for Valentine's Day. I got the idea from Chasing Cheerios. I was catching up on my blog reading and ran into her post. It was a quick and easy project and the kids loved it. What's fun is they can turn over the cookies so they're plain when they come out of the oven and then they can "frost" them.

They have had so much fun with them that I've decided to make some round cookies in more Easter colors with beads for the sprinkles.

No comments: