Saturday, April 18, 2009

Projects

I bought this book for my birthday and love almost every project in it.

I made these bunnies for Easter from the book and they were a big hit. They're the perfect size around for the kids to hold with one hand.

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I love the work of Lucy from Attic24. She's got a tutorial for granny squares, which I had never made before and decided to give a try. I changed a couple minor things in her pattern, mostly because I kept making the same mistakes and decided just to go with what came naturally to me. I used some extra Cascade 220 I had on hand. I've been loving the yellows and greens lately- must be my hope for spring. I think I'll make a doll blanket since I don't have too much of these colors. Then I'll have to buy some more for a bigger project. She's got a new tutorial for a Ripple pattern that I want to try. I'm not crazy about the huge zig zags, but hers are subtle and gorgeous.

I needed a backpack for out Florida trip and really wanted one more complicated than this. But time was a factor and this is one you could sew up in just a couple of hours. I used this Amy Butler fabric I have had forever. I quilted it to give it some structure and it worked out really well for the trip.

I also made this small bag to put all those little things in my backpack. I love that fabric!

1 comment:

Attic24 said...

Hello Sara
you don't know how happy I am to see your squares looking very pretty and spring-like, I am loving all this hooky goodness spreading through blogland, make my heart sing!
Thanks so much for visiting me in the Attic and for sharing your lovely squares.
Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx