Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm In Love

With this gal- Sarah Richardson. I absolutely love her design style. I've been watching her since Room Service, which, by the way, has photos and info on all the old episodes online here. And I watch Design Inc as well. But my latest obsession has been with this:
I love this quilt- I've always wanted to do a red and white quilt, but haven't...yet. For those who don't know Sarah, she recently had a series, Sarah's Summer House, in which she renevated her cottage getaway. The episodes can be found on HGTV here. I've watched them over and over- I play them while I'm sewing.
And really, who wouldn't be obsessed with the notion of (1) owning a cottage getaway and (2) having the resources and skills to completely remodel and decorate the entire thing. The fabrics she shows in the episodes are to die for!!
And seriously, take a look at the bathroom- a marble floor. And it doesn't show in the photo but go see the episode- she puts this stone tile on the shower floor- it's like a foot massage every time you shower!

P.S. I love how the Canadians say "progress" with a long "o" sound- don't know why, but I do!

1 comment:

Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} said...

Hi Sara! I love Sarah Richardson too. She has such great taste and designs such amazing spaces. Thanks for stopping by (stumbling upon) my blog and for saying hi. I would love for you to visit again. I'll have to have a look around your blog a little more. Nice to "meet" you!