Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's a Girl!

A friend of mine from work is due with her third child in September. Her first two were boys, but this time around, it's a girl!
So I thought she needed a very girlie quilt- with lots of pinks and purples.

I had some leftover pieces, so I pieced the back like this.
Another friend from work is due in October with her second girl. I made this quilt for her first daughter. I've been playing with my fabrics to think of what to do the second time around. Log cabin maybe?

In the meantime, while I mull it over, I've been working another UFO- a quilt for my daughter. It's applique and I used my machine's blanket stitch. I have to admit, I love the the process of getting the applique pieces ready- the tracing and cutting and ironing. But I get bored with stitching all that blanket stitch. It takes FOREVER! And I usually end up taking a "break" that lasts like, years instead of days. But Claire has been begging me to finish it, so that's the motivation I needed. I'm almost done, so pictures to come soon.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: