Friday, February 9, 2007

Little Projects


So I've been busy working on a few "little" projects to give myself a break from some of the "bigger" things I'm doing. I made this bag from the pattern in Quilts and More Winter 2006 Issue. The pattern is designed by Bonnie Kozowski. What's really cool about it is that the handles are two different lengths so that you tuck one handle through the other and that closes the bag. It's got pockets inside to put little things and I've been using it to carry my socks I'm knitting so I can knit on the way to work. I used fabric from the new Kaffe Fassett line. LOVE the colors!!!!

I got the idea for these cards quilted with fabric from the Denyse Schmidt Quilts book. I made 8 of them to give to a friend I work with for her birthday. They were alot of fun and didn't take long at all. After I made them I bought a whole pack of cards so I can make a bunch more.
Other than that, I've been working hard on the Charmin' Monkey quilt. No photos yet. I basically used the pattern for the applique, but after that I've done my own thing. I decided I didn't like the monkey set on the diagonal, so I put him straight. In the pattern the borders around the monkey are same sized charm squares. It looked too, well, square for me. So I varied the size and alternated the pieced shapes with 3 inch strip borders. It's looking really good so far. I'm almost done but I've run out of the fabric I was using for the strip border so I was thinking of ordering more so I could maybe put one more strip border on and then the binding. The quilt is going to my friend's newborn daughter Chloe. She's 3 months already so I have got to get this done!

No comments: