Sunday, February 11, 2007

Project Planning



A month ago I bought a few fabrics to start my Celebration tote from the Quilted Bags and Purses book. Well yesterday I headed over to my LQS to look for a few more and to get some fabric for the binding of my Turning Twenty as well as some more for the border and binding for my Charmin' Monkey. Well, I got everything I needed except for the monkey fabric, so I came home and ordered it online.

I also ordered two patterns from Hillary Lang on her Wee Wonderfuls Blog. I got Spaceboy & Robot and Kitty, Bunny and Bear. My five year old son Matthew is so excited to start working on the robot and spaceboy. At least a year ago I took one of his drawings and turned it into a stuffed creature for him. He's loved it so much I've had to make several "repairs" on it. Then a few months ago I was relaxing at the bookstore in some rare time alone (hubby watched the kids) and I came across the book Plush-o-Rama by Linda Kopp. I bought it and brought it home to show to Matthew. He immediately fell in love with Onimushi, designed by Jen Rarey. I made it for him and he has given it lots of love as well. Since, then, I've been checking out a lot of other designers of cool creatures. I really like Lizette Greco because she uses her children's artwork as inspiration for her designs.

In the meantime while we wait in earnest for my orders, I will try to tackle the demon that is my Turning Twenty quilting dilemma.

No comments: