Monday, February 26, 2007

The fury before the cold...

This may sound strange, but...you know how women go through "nesting" when pregnant? Well, I go through the same thing whenever I'm about to be very sick with a bad cold. On Friday the 16th I came home from work and had this burst of energy, which is very unusual for me on a Friday; usually I can barely get the kids to bed before I crash. Anyway, that night after the kids were in bed I did all the week's laundry and cleaned the whole house, including washing the kitchen floor. That NEVER happens- unless I'm about to get sick (or give birth). Sure enough, Saturday morning I woke up with that tell-tale tickle in the throat which turned into a stuffy nose and headache by noon which turned into "Who put these ten bricks on my chest?" by evening. It got worse from there. All week I suffered from extreme congestion and a terrible cough which no cold medicine known to man helped. That meant little-to-no sleep and of course it had to be one of the busiest weeks at work- and with two little kids, I'm down to like almost no sick days left.... so I suffered through the week and relied heavily on my wonderful significant other (Thanks, hunny!). And needless to say, no sewing or knitting or anything of any kind got done. Thankfully I seem to be on the mend, and only go through the occasional coughing jag, which of course still happens as soon as I lie down to sleep. But this week I am determined to get SOMETHING done.

One minor accomplishment- I did sign up for the March ATC exchange with Amy from the Creative Mom podcast, one of my favorites! I'm really looking forward to trying this out. It will be my first ATC and I'm really excited to give it a try. I'm looking forward to hearing what the theme is- she'll be announcing it today, I think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's really funny that you blogged about this topic... as I, too, go through this around the time when something "big and bad" is about to happen... it's sort of like a sixth sense almost. And my awareness of what is going on makes me work even harder because I "never know" what it's going to be... a sick child, or family member, extra work loads at work, etc. I feel it though and KNOW it when I feel it. It's cool that you have this too-- I thought I was borderline insane! :)))) Glad to hear that you signed up for the march exchange - It should be fun!

Heidicrafts said...

Do not panic.

Do not even worry about the theme.

Start with what you know.

I've just skimmed your last few blog entries and can see that a 5" x 7" quilted greeting card front could easily be cut into quarters and then you haven't just made your first ATC, you've made three more.

Breathe.