Thursday, March 1, 2007

Paper Dolls



I've now finished 6 blocks of the paper dolls quilt and I'm really liking it. It will be perfect for Claire's room. I found a couple different paper doll fabrics that I'll use to make pillows and who knows what else for her room. My goal at this point is to get it all done before she moves into her toddler bed. I think that's a realistic goal since she's not quite 18 months!

I was taking a look at some blogs that are "new" to me, and coincidentally I took a look at the Angry Chicken blog. Lo and behold, Amy has a picture of some paper dolls she framed, and I fell in love with that idea! So I am on the search for some paper dolls I can frame to go in Claire's room.

I came across Amy's blog because I was looking up info on the Crafter's Companion, a book I've wanted to get my hands on. Amy was one of the contributers. Along my searches, I came across two other books that I preordered: one is Amy's book that's due out early summer I think: Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew and the other is Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects, also not due out for a couple months. I'm looking forward to all three books, but alas, I have to wait for them.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

The quilt looks great, and the framed paper dolls will be awesome!