Friday, March 30, 2007

Rickity Rack...Don't Talk Back

I had seen the Tie One On monthly apron themes and was really inspired. March/April's theme is rick-rack. And since my neice's 5th birthday was in March, I decided an apron would be a perfect gift. I made it reversible to double the fun.




I also made a matching hot pad and oven mit to go with it so she could play kitchen. Along with it, I made a recipe book. I just bound together some blank card stock pages and then stitched a spoon from the green fabric on the cover and wrote Recipes on the cover. I think she'll have a lot of fun with it.



My 5 year old son agreed to model for me with the promise that I would not show his face. He was embarrassed to wear a "girl apron," he said. But then he turned right around and asked if I would make one for him.


No comments: