Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring in Wisconsin? Yeah, right!

Easter is tomorrow and it's snowing here in the Milwaukee area. Typical. We have no spring in Wisconsin really- it goes right from winter to summer. A couple weeks ago we did have a day or two of beautiful weather, in which I took all my spring/summer clothes out of storage. I don't know why I did this to myself. Every year I promise I will NOT bring out the summer clothes until May. But every year we get one or two nice days earlier, and I excitedly get out all the summer things and lovingly gaze at the pink and turquoise and aqua colors. And then, the temperature falls to 30 and it snows. And I am left depressed and I longinly gaze at all the summery items in my closet only to have to shove them aside for my black and grey turtle necks and sweaters.

At least I can use spring fabrics in my projects. That is my only solace at this point in the year.


I made these notecards for my friend Arran's birthday. They were alot of fun to make.

Yesterday we were visiting my in-laws in Racine and the Yarn Garden used to be right down the road from them. So I excitedly drove over to get soem yarn for a new project. But they had just moved to a new location, and the address was left of the door. I don't know the area well at all, so I was going to give up and go back, but then I decided that I NEEDED to work on something springy, so I stopped and got directions and I was on my way again. When I got there, they were unpacking and organizing and not really opened. But the owner let me come in and shop, which was so sweet and gracious. I got these colors in Cascade 220 to make the striped tote in the One Skein book. As you can see, I've already wound the first ball and I cast on late last night when we got home.


No comments: