Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's a Girl!


I've been so inspired by all the doll quilts shown on the Wee Wonderfuls blog and others. Plus, my daughter has become a "little mother" as of late, and she has officially named her baby doll Jenna. (She calls every baby Jenna now). So to celebrate, I made Jenna a quilt of her own. Claire loved it and promptly put Jenna to bed, as any good mother would. I actually had planned to make a doll quilt for Claire out of the leftover fabric from the quilt I made her, but I've been undecided about the design- should I mimic the design of her quilt but smaller, or do something different? In the meantime, I found these great fabrics that, I swear, jumped off the shelf and into my arms begging to be made into a doll quilt.

As promised earlier, here are two of three rows from the Paper Dolls Quilt I'm making for Claire's room. Haven't done much on it this week-after a weekend of marathon sewing and applique on it I sort of burned out. Hopefully this weekend I'll be back on it.


And here's the two fabrics I ran across at least a year or more ago. Haven't decided what I'll do with them yet.



No comments: