Monday, March 12, 2007

Miss Independent

My husband is the photographer in our family. The only thing I know how to do is turn on the camera and take a picture. The pictures I've posted have been taken by me but altered by him so that they will upload. The problem is, I have to wait for him to find some time to modify whatever needs to be modified. And his time line for doing this is not the same as mine. So I need to learn to do this for myself. I spent the morning trying to figure out how to do this, but with no luck. And I must not have the correct key words in my Google searches, because I just keep coming up with how to crop a photo, which is not what I need to do. Anyone have a resource for me? I could ask my husband to sit down and show me, but that takes time and he is swamped with school work right now. I am a smart person, you'd think I could do this on my own...

I've finished the Charmin' the Monkey quilt and it was delivered last week. I've got photos- once I figure out what to do, I'll get them on. I've also made a lot of progress on the Paper Dolls quilt. The applique is almost done and I've begun trimming the blocks to sew them together- pictures soon. I did buy some paper dolls from the B. Shackman Company. I bought the Two Little Girls by Queen Holden. There's two dolls and lots of clothes for both, so I think I will frame one with some clothes and keep the rest for when Claire is old enough to play with them.

I also finished my ATC for the Creative Mom Podcast's March exchange. And, once again, I've got pictures on the way. The hardest part was getting started, but thanks to some advice from Heidi at heidicrafts.blogspot.com, I was able to overcome my anxiety and just get started.

No comments: