Monday, March 10, 2008

Gingerbread in March?

I bought the book Knitted Toys at least a year ago and finally decided I had better knit a project from it. Choosing what to do is not easy, there are so many adorable toys in this book. I could knit almost every pattern in here. I wanted to knit two dolls for Claire, so I ordered the yarn. Matthew of course couldn't be left out, and he asked me to knit the gingerbread man. I had some left over yarn so I was able to knit it up in about a week. He loves it and it goes great with the cupcake in the kids' kitchen.

I was able to finish a scarf I'd been working on for over a year. I made some mittens out of the same yarn and I love them. I then started a scarf in the yarn on size 4 needles with a K2P2 rib. Talk about a never ending project! But now it's done and my mittens won't feel so lonely.

I had some left over yarn from a previous felt project so I knit up and felted this little bag.

With the snow we've gotten this year plus the cold streaks, there have been many weekends spent inside crafting. The kids and I found some old crayons so I chopped them up and they combine them in muffin tins. We baked them in the oven for a few minutes and now have some fun multi colored crayons.

It was my niece's birthday so Matthew and Claire and I made some clothespin dolls for her and her little sister.
Then I made a little apron for her with lots of pockets for the dolls.

We put it together with bags of supplies so they can make their own. How much fun will that be?

No comments: