Friday, March 21, 2008

Mother Nature, She Mocks Me

Was I not just saying not even a week ago how spring was in the air? Serves me right. The second day of spring and we're in the middle of a huge snowstorm- which should be no great shock for me since I have lived in Wisconsin for my entire life. Luckily for us, we had no plans for this, our first day of vacation. So we've hibernated in the house playing, crafting and watching Star Wars- Return of the Jedi. Matthew has really been into Star Wars these last few months and we finally decided he was old enough to see the first three movies made. He was so excited he couldn't even sit still on the couch- he kept jumping up to get right in front of the TV and we had to keep telling him to sit down so everyone could see.

Matthew had asked me for a pencil case for school because he's been collected erasers- ones shaped like computers and cell phones and others in bright neon colors. I made him one out of vinyl.
Based on this one here in Denyse Schmidt Quilts. I like her thread contrast better so next time I'll do that.

I didn't want Claire to feel left out so I made her this cupcake purse. She loves her purses and carries them around with her bracelets and phone in them. She did not; however, like this one. She promptly tossed it on the ground after I handed to her and there it stayed until I picked it up and put it back with my sewing things. I'll save it for another day. She is sooo 2 years old. And very stuck in her ways. She won't wear any new clothes, which is of course a problem since she's really grown, and I have to bribe her or say things like "your cousin Sylvia has pants like these." Even then, I'm often dressing a screaming child. When we go to the store she'll want the toys she already has at home. Brother!

I was checking out Hello My Name is Heather blog, and looking at all the projects made from her Freshcut line of fabrics- there are so many talented people out there! That's when I ran into Ravenhill's blog and saw her dolls.
Needless to say I was wonderfully inspired and made this doll.

And with that, we'll blow you a kiss.

No comments: