Monday, March 31, 2008

Vacation Fun

Claire had been talking about sunglasses and wanting her own sunglasses for weeks. Luckily the Easter Bunny came through and made a wish of hers come true! Matt had to celebrate with her.

And with the spring snow storm a snow man was definitely in order. Girl Scout Thin Mints made perfect eyes and a mouth. We had fun watching it melt quickly within only a few days.

We took a trip to Crate and Barrel to pick up a wedding gift for Kevin' s brother, and I couldn't resist buying these collapsible bowls. Of course rather than use them for cooking I put them to good use on my sewing table.

And you know it wouldn't be a vacation without some serious project completion. I made Claire a summer outfit.

It's from New Look pattern 6796. The top is adorable, although I had to practically pin Claire down to get her to try it on. The pants I'm not as crazy about. I'm going to make her the dress from the pattern, which is basically a longer version of the top. Lucy at One Block from Jollyville also made it and it is CUTE!!! I love it with jeans, so I may have to go that route with Claire.

I completed my March CMP ATC a while ago but just sent it out today. The theme: Perspective. Title: My Mind's Eye.
And I have finally pieced the Paper Doll Quilt. Now I need to get fabric for the borders. Judging by how long it took to do this, it may be awhile...

1 comment:

Lucy Sayles said...

Sara,

Your kids are adorable! Good luck with the sewing!